When joining in the road traffic, if operators of means of transport are expats, they are required to convert their driving licenses into Vietnamese equivalences under Vietnam Law on road traffic. Possessing professional and caring staff with many years’ experience in assisting thousands of clients to convert their driving licenses into Vietnamese ones, we guarantee your Vietnamese driving licenses shall be available in the soonest possible time at best price!
1) Requirements for conversion of foreign driving licenses:
- Expats who will reside, work or study in Vietnam for 3 months or longer;
- Foreign-issued driving licenses must be still valid, are not erased or shredded. They must specify vehicle classes that holders are allowed to operate
- Temporary driving permits or international driving licenses are not subject to conversion.
2) Necessary documents for conversion:
- Application for conversion of foreign driving license according to the current form as prescribed
- Foreign driving permits (it is required to translate the permit into Vietnamese then have the translation notarized by competent agency in Vietnam
- Copy of passport
- Copies of one of the following documents: temporary resident card, permanent resident card, documents proving the applicant is residing in Vietnam for a long time
- Two 3cmx4cm color photos
The processing time is 8 days upon receipt of all valid documents.
The applicant shall be taken a photo by the license-issuing agency and required to produce a valid passport, an ID card, a diplomatic or service passport issued by Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a temporary resident card, a permanent resident card or documents proving the applicant is residing in Vietnam for a long time and the foreign driving license for checking when he/she comes to relevant competent agencies.
– We recommend you to prepare full necessary documents for the purpose of minimizing the processing time.